Skip to Main Content

Creator and Artist Stories

ManjulasKitchen is our April On The Rise partner

By Christine Wang and Devon Storbeck

YouTube Partner Support

Congratulations to chef Manjula, our featured "On The Rise" partner this month. Her YouTube channel, ManjulasKitchen, is in the spotlight on the YouTube Spotlight channel today.

Manjula has posted cooking videos on YouTube for more than six years, but her history with the kitchen dates back to her childhood in North India, where she assisted her mother with cooking for their family. From a young age, Manjula learned the importance of fresh ingredients and simple spices. She carried this knowledge and experience with her to the United States many years later, and continued to hone her craft. Her loyal following on YouTube includes beginners and experienced chefs who are also interested in producing authentic Indian vegetarian cuisine. Check out Manjula’s channel to learn for yourself how to make chai masala tea, sweet almond brittle, or classic Indian vegetable curry. You’ll appreciate the clear video walkthrough as well as the written instructions you’ll find for each recipe, and we’re betting the end result will delight you as well!

Manjula has a few words to share:

"I would first like to acknowledge and thank my subscribers and everyone who voted for me. I truly enjoy creating these recipes and sharing with you. I take a lot of pride in my work through Manjula's Kitchen. I often spend a lot of time perfecting each recipe. I have to admit that the right recipe and the right combination of ingredients is not always the easiest to come up with! Despite this, I must say I truly enjoy this process. You, the viewers, have given me so much love and encouragement over the years. Your feedback and enthusiasm for Manjula's Kitchen is invaluable. It has really given me the motivation and desire to continue coming up with creative and new recipes to share with you. YouTube has given me a wonderful platform to promote my passion and love for cooking."

If you’ve enjoyed this monthly On The Rise blog series, and want to see more rising YouTube partners, check out our Google Hangouts with past featured partners on the YouTube Creators channel

You can participate and help us surface YouTube talent by nominating a YouTube partner to be considered for the “On The Rise” program. Feel free to submit nominations for your own channel, or for channels you follow that you think deserve more attention or could be the next YouTube sensation. We’ll continue to feature promising partners who drive more watch time and produce engaging content on a regular basis. See you next month!

Subscribe